Q: What should I do to prepare for a bathroom upgrade?
A: Renovating the bathroom is a great way to add real value to your home. Also, it will increase the enjoyment level of yourself and your family.
There are a number of things to consider before undertaking such a major project.
1. Keep your eye on the ball. It is important to see the bathroom renovation/project as a whole project. Even though there are many small hurdles to tackle, it is important to see the project as a whole.
2. No project can be successful without a realistic budget. Take the time to draw up an honest budget, and try your best to stick to it. Be sure to talk with your entire team, contractors, family who are part of the decision-making, etc.
3. Get a reliable contractor. For most, renovating the bathroom is not a do it yourself project. It is important to find a contractor who has experience with plumbing and remodeling bathrooms.
4. Get a detailed inspection of your bathroom done before you start. Talk to us about how to get this done so you can head off any potential leaks or other problems before you start.
5. Now is your chance to be more energy efficient. Chances are you will be able to save money in the long run by installing low flow toilets, water saving showerheads and other energy efficient fixtures. ACo is a full-service vendor for the new pieces you will need to make your project perfect!
6. Stay organized. Proper organization is essential to a successful bathroom renovation project. Use a calendar to keep track of important deadlines, and remain organized as you go forward.
7. Storage space is at a premium in many modern bathrooms. There are a select number of great bathroom cabinets that we look forward to showing you. No reno is complete without a set!
8. To round out your ideas and design, go out and have fun looking at the bathrooms in show homes. They have all of the latest trends in the marketplace and will save you much time and effort in trying to come up with ideas yourself.
The main thing to remember is have fun and enjoy the project and your new bathroom!