Natural stone floors and countertops require specific cleaning and maintenance processes and products to retain their original beauty. Be sure to use a neutral pH-balanced cleaner to avoid color changes, finish wear and tear, and surface disruption. Any spills or accidents should be cleaned up in a timely manner, and stoneware should be sealed properly.
Keep these five tips in mind when cleaning your stoneware.
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice, or any harsh cleaners on your stone.
- Don’t use harsh cleaners such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub and tile cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Don’t mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
- Don’t ever mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so.
If you have any questions on maintenance, please consult with your sales representative.