Q. With so many choices in vinyl flooring, where do I start?
A. If you are looking for a flooring option, which is cost-effective, easy to install and attractive, vinyl flooring is the right option for you. It offers durability, easy installations and recreates the look of stone, natural hardwood, tile, and more. Vinyl flooring is available in a wide range of styles and colors to suit any home décor while ensuring a perfect fit for your room. These floors are made from long lasting materials that provide easy maintenance, especially ideal for high-traffic area like your kitchen. With the availability of so many options in the market, it is certainly easy to get confused on where to start.
Some important questions to ask yourself
• What style and kind of flooring am I looking for?
• How important is my budget to influence my final decision?
• Will I be installing the floor myself or consulting a professional?
• Do I need flooring that is easy to clean and maintain?
Types of vinyl flooring
Vinyl flooring is sold on the market as tiles, planks, or squares, each integrated with an interlocking tongue-and-groove assembly. For a quicker and simpler installation, many flooring configurations make the use of a glue-less method.
When it comes to the thickness of vinyl flooring, again you are left with a huge variety. Thicker flooring indicates quality construction and increased durability.
• Choose from a wide range of wood appearances, including oak, maple, cherry, pine, and many more
• Many premium vinyl options also mimic stone, tile and other realistic patterns
• Vinyl flooring is fade-resistant and have long-lasting luster.
• Vinyl floors can be easily removed to change styles
Vinyl flooring consists of four layers that create a solid surface that is designed to withstand the rough use. Below is the information about those layers and their benefits:
• Back Layer: provides extra support and stability, highly moisture-resistant
• Core Layer: high density fiberboard with infused resins for additional strength, gives long lasting performance
• Decorative Layer: recreates the look of stone, tile and natural wood and available in various styles at affordable prices
• Wear Layer: offers a tough and clear surface, easy maintenance and stain-resistance